ISBN: 9780716614319 | Pages 192 | Volumes: 6
Building Blocks of Mathematics is a fun series of mathematics books from World Book! Quirky characters drawn in comic-book style introduce basic mathematics concepts in this six-volume series of books. Story problems help students with a primary reading level of 3 through 5 develop a fundamental understanding of mathematical operations and teach them techniques for solving real-life math problems. Designed in collaboration with elementary mathematics education experts, this series is appropriate for kids who are just beginning to learn math concepts, as well as older readers who can benefit from review and reinforcement.
Book Set Titles Include
- Original comics-style art draws students into the magic world of learning mathematics
- Fascinating information about the invention of number systems
- Lists of additional print and internet resources about learning mathematics
- Contents reflect state and provincial learning standards of mathematics
- Prepared with the expert guidance of Dr. Hala Ghousseini and Dr. Anita Wager, assistant professors of mathematics education in the department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin-Madison